Gardens of the Queen - 7 Nights
Cuba's Jardines de la Reina or 'Gardens of the Queen'
was named by Christopher Columbus to honor Queen Isabella of Spain. It is located 60 miles off the southeastern coast of Cuba and is the largest marine reserve in the Caribbean. In 1996, the area was declared a National Park and has been protected and managed for conservation ever since. The Gardens of the Queen National Park encompases a chain of 250 pristine coral and mangrove islands extending along 75 miles of clear, turquoise water. It is also widely recognized to represent one of the healthiest marine ecosystems in the Caribbean.
Divers will see pristine coral reefs, steep walls dropping from the reef crest into the deep, large populations of fish including Goliath grouper weighing up to 400 lbs, large schools of multiple snapper species, large rainbow and midnight parrotfishes, eagle rays, sea turtles and much more. Additionally, several species of sharks are commonly seen including silky, caribbean reef, blacktip, lemon, hammerhead, and nurse sharks, plus the occasional whale shark.
For travelers to the Gardens of the Queen, you will spend 7 nights onboard the Jardines Aggressor II®
liveaboard yacht exploring the spectacular Gardens of the Queen (Jardines de la Reina) National Park. During the week, Cuban specialists will host nightly discussions and presentations on the marine environment, conservation, and the importance of this magnificient ecosystem. Interactive exchanges will discuss how Cuba has maintained one of the healthiest marine ecosystems in the Caribbean.
7 Nights Jardines Aggressor II® - Gardens of the Queen Program includes:
- 7 nights, Saturday to Saturday, onboard the Jardines Aggressor II.
- Transfers from Havana International Airport to Jucaro on the charter arrival day and back on departure day. It’s a 7 hour bus ride and guests will board the yacht upon arrival in the early afternoon. Dinner is at 7 pm followed by the yacht briefing and a presentation on Cuba’s marine conservation programs.
- All meals and snacks, non alcoholic beverages, and local beer/wine.
- 5 1/2 days of diving and conservation program with marine experts.
- Disembarkation transfer Saturday morning (4-5 am) Transfer to Havana International Airport for arrival at approximately 2 pm. Most airlines require a 2-hour check-in prior to flight. A light lunch will be provided on the way to the airport. The crew will assist with your luggage to the international airport in Havana.